SS 2017 Trend Must Haves


I am celebrating, or rather reflecting on two years of Soham Design. After a year of dedicated and intense exploration into zero-waste design, I have taken another year to get a grasp on what I have learned.  I often find myself revisiting some of the stronger design concepts and I love to evaluate how I could build my very own capsule wardrobe collection comprised from the designs I have explored.


Sleeveless Ruffle Top
Sleeveless Ruffle Top
I use a lot of visualization when I design. Often, when I have an idea, instead of sketching it, I immediately go to the internet to try and find it or something similar. Has it been done already? Has it been done better? This might be a cultural part of creativity now, with our incredible access to information and our ease and ability to share it.  

Short Sleeved with Wide Straps 


Short Sleeved with Wide Straps 
This is a collection of images I have found that compliment Week 41 and show a range of styles that expand upon this very simple zero-waste pattern.  These images represent examples of what is trending now for spring and summer 2017.  They are classic designs which are a must have for anyone's wardrobe, flattering on all figures and likely have been produced with minimal waste.
Short Sleeved Peasant Top
Long Sleeved with Straps
Each of the designs in these images uses a slight variation on the pattern from Week 41.  By altering the width of the bodice, the length of the sleeve or by the addition of layered ruffles or straps, these simple changes have a great impact on the aesthetic while having the ability to keep the pattern zero-waste.
Mid-Length Sleeve Peasant Top
Short Sleeved Peasant Top
I can totally get behind these styles as Eco-friendly designs and will be adding one to my personal capsule wardrobe this summer!
Long Sleeved Peasant Top

Short Sleeved Peasant Top

I am that I am.

Comments

Popular Posts